Sunday, May 22, 2011

thought bubble

What they're really thinking....
Why are those fake tattoos the hardest things to get off? And everyone assumes after seeing the same one on your child  for 3 months, slowly getting grungier and grungier, that you don't wash your child. I googled it and one person said to apply packing tape then rip it off. I tried this and it didn't work. It did however make Emily cry and she's now hair-less on her forearm.
These are 6 pillow cases I made my sister to go with the fabulous quilt I made her. Oh I'm not done with her room! I'm going to make a cozy for her TV out of this fabric and matching pj's and maybe little curtains over the painting with a pull cord so she can open it like stage curtains. And what else...slippers! Maybe a house for the kitties. Or a little doll bed with a miniature replica of this quilt for her kitties.


13 comments:

Jessica said...

HAHA the packing thing should not be so funny but it totally is!
Love the pillow cases, I love seeing the tags on everything!

Unknown said...

You should try rubbing alcohol to get the tattoos off. If that doesn't work maybe try rubbing them with mineral oil.

peawink said...

Yep .. rubbing alcohol or baby oil both work well. another trick is to put them on their tummies instead .. yes, they'll go around lifting their shirts to show off their belly buttons for a couple of days but then that novelty wears off too :)

jules said...

I love the thought bubble and the pics.

As for the additions to my bedroom . . . Steve would die to hear me say this, but I'm all for the matching Kitty house! :) The pillow cases look so good with the quilt, Jenny! I am so proud of it all!

Jenn said...

I second the mineral or baby oil - it worked for me last time!
Love the pics!

kms handmade said...

Aw poor em with the packing tape! Ava, little stinker. She didn't actually say that to you did she? Love the Pure bedroom makeover!

Casey said...

I was going to say rubbing alcohol also. My son had spiderman tattoos that lasted well over a month until I was finally told about rubbing alcohol! It works great!

Anonymous said...

Lucky sister...I love the emily thing and the hairless forearm comment made me laugh aloud. Love JennyBean.

Margaret said...

What a great post!!! The thought bubble from Ava cracked me up!!!

Corinnea said...

I don't remember tattoos lasting that long! Maybe now if she misbehaves you can threaten to wrap her in packing tape and then rip it off... too mean?

Love Ava's bubble, so funny.

Your sis's bedroom, gorgeous! I have been meaning to make myself some pillowcases. I love how your's look and the tags are such a fun addition.

Jennifer said...

thanks for all the help with the not-so-temporary tattoos. I think they are not all made the same becasue I have used rubbing alchol on ones before but this time it did not work. Emily ended up scubbing it herself with soap.

And no, Ava has not said those words to me like in the picture but I swear she is thinking it!

Anonymous said...

I use the samples of makeup remover that I get from Lancome and it works great.

Megan S said...

Baby oil, they come right off. I have one kid who would cover himself in fake tattoos all the time if I let him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...