Before my German friend Connie moved she gave me this long nursing pillow (in case I had another baby). This kind of long nursing pillow is very common in Germany where as in America we mostly see the Boppy. But the cover on it was HIDEOUS (see below). Just horrible. Doesn't match anything and so devoid of all personality. So after seeing this snake I knew exactly what I had to do! I started out wanting the whole thing striped but then decided the majority of it might look better in the cotton/linen fabric I had used on the bolsters since this snake lives mostly on my bed (picture with Frank). I love it. He turned out perfect in my eyes and so much better than the yellow cover below! If he should migrate to the couch which he did via Ava while typing this then he won't look so out of place. The fabric is the same on both sides so if you flip it he has stripes on the other side.
To make the pillow cover I turned the old cover inside out, ironed it flat, traced it into 3 parts (middle, and the two ends) just like the original cover had. I then took my paper pattern and made the new one. I inserted a long zipper where the outer arch is just like the original.