Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bolster

Bolsters recovered ages and ages ago and finally photographed when I made this quilt for Jenny B. Then never blogged. The bolsters are from Ikea. I took apart the cover that came with it (or did I buy it separately? Think I bought one to use as a pattern) and used it as a pattern. This linen is a little stretchy due to it's weave so it got a little warped when sewing it. I do love them though and they go perfectly with my Heather Ross Mendocino quilt normally on the bed. I used a make-your-own-zipper.
*
Here's some photos of my babies. Our area flooded pretty bad last week. It was fascinating to see that the stream near us had over flowed and the rains flooded the fields and roads. The girls love running through the huge deep puddles. The old buildings below seem to be storage sheds of some sort. Owned by different people or rented? Some have horses or tractors or boats. 









Happy New Year!

6 comments:

kms handmade said...

Happy new year Jennifer! I love the black and white of the girls on the bridge! Lovely!

kristin said...

Happy new year! The bolsters are great but I really love the photos of your girlies. They look so fun. Take care!

Corinnea said...

I wish I'd gotten some of those bolsters! Nice job.
The pics of the girls are lovely. I never get tired of seeing them and can't believe how big they are!!

jules said...

Happy New Year! Beautiful pics!!!! YSFT!

Katelyn R. said...

Oh my goodness! Can you see the attitude in Emily's face when Emily is kissing her? I never saw it before, but she might be trouble. I really miss both you and your girls.

Katelyn R. said...

*Ava kissing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...