Sunday, July 1, 2012

State Art

Have you seen these State art things before? I keep seeing them all over the internet. The 1st time I saw one I immediately thought of my sister and her husband. He's from New York and she's from Southern California. I'm not sure how it would look for me and Jon both being from Southern California...anyway, Their anniversary was recently (actually a month ago but i couldn't post this till my sister sent a photo of it in her house and then we moved and I had no internet...) and this is what I made for them . . I love it! The photos of it I don't love but I just could not get better. I used textured card stock but Jon didn't like it so for the States I turned the paper over to the less texture-y side.  I used my Silhouette Cameo of course:) I think all the States are available on their site. The banner is from the site too but that I had to print out and cut myself. I used those 3-D sticky things to raise everything off the blue paper. 

And here it is below in her house! I used a store bought frame and the mat that came with it. 
The picture opening is 5x7.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute and sweet idea. I am sure Jules loved it. I guess you are right though...I am not sure they would work for people who grew up in the same state. Maybe if they were born in different states? OH or if you printed a small state road map on card stock and marked the cities? hmmmm...Jenny Bean

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

This a really cool idea! How about different countries? That would be sweet too!

Jessica said...

love it- I don't know how but I've missed seeing anything like this! It looks great!

Corinnea said...

Another cute idea!! I think it could work for the same state if you grew up in different towns... just put a heart over each town right?? I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...