Friday, May 30, 2008

1st sewing project

I shouldn't show this because it's butt-ugly* (me and the dress) but I found a picture** of my 1st sewing project from a pattern! It's from July 1984 (if I did my calculations right, I was 12)! A female friend of my father's helped me make it. The dress had a beach scene border all around the bottom and the back of the dress had a cut out about where your bra strap would be. It's awful looking and I can see in the photo the facings were coming out around the neck line but I'm proud of myself anyway:)
*I went through some serious FUGLY stages.
**That's my dog Radar.

2 comments:

Corinnea said...

You need to stop! You were very cute and still are! I think I had something very like this!! I don't know if I am brave enough to find and post old project pictures of mine!! You were too young to remember quiana fabric right?.....yummy....ha ha

kms handmade said...

I'm not even going to talk about my fugly stages... Let's just say coke bottle glasses and braces. And my first sewing project I didn't use a pattern (Yeah, I haven't really changed in all these years...) so your beach dress totally smokes my cami shirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...