Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hold my Passport



Passport holder made using this tutorial. Made for Jenny B's birthday last month. She has to carry 3-4 other passports when traveling (not sure if she carries her husbands but she has 3 kids she carries for). I didn't use any stiffener in this because the 1st one I made I used peltex as suggested and that thing was a monster! The outside fabric and linings are all from the Heather Ross line Far Far Away 2 and a linen cotton blend I think so they are thicker than regular quilting cotton. I love it and wanted to keep it for myself:)
 I put initial stickers on everyone's passport so I can easily see whose is whose. The inside (below) got a little puckered at the top. 
These are the mushrooms I was talking about in a previous post. How cool are these?? For you Kelly:)
Ava's face is out of focus below. What am I doing wrong? Is it me or the lens? I have this problem with a lot of my pictures.
Pretending to be Zombies. Fake background? It looks like it doesn't it??


6 comments:

Jocelyn Clarin Richards said...

Is it my turn for you to make me something yet???? It feels like it's been awhile and I am feeling envious! The passport cover turned out great! And I had no idea those mushrooms really existed! I've never seen them in person before. I always thought thought the red and white version was some artist's idea, which just caught on....I had no idea red and white were real!!!! They must be very poisonous, I would imagine. And Ava doesn't look blurred to me, she looks perfect! And the eyebrows have grown in nicely. ;-)

kms handmade said...

I really like the passport book idea! It's like a credit card wallet. And the letter initials is genius! Thanks for posting the mushrooms! They are cool! I see why there are so many knick knacks of them! Ava's face doesn't look vpblurry to me... Maybe it's my eyes....

Corinnea said...

That turned out so cute! Very useful too.
Those mushrooms are amazing.
I'm with Kelly, I don't think Ava is blurry but I know my camera will focus behind my subject, I figured it was always my fault....

Anonymous said...

JennyBean L.O.V.E.S her passport holder and YES she does carry husband's as well. They are just easier to keep in one place and before now they are just in the small pocket in my carryon. The sticker idea is great for people with out three M names in their family. It would really only work for me and for Sis...What she didn't get a good picture of was the the awesome button and what you can't tell from the picture is just how cool and retro the whole thing feels. As for the mushrooms, I too did not know they existed in nature.

kristin said...

Oooo prettiest passport cover ever! Love it. And yes, those 'shrooms are insanely awesome and yes, that backdrop does look fake! Love the girlies' zombie arms.

Jessica said...

Very cool pouch! I wish I needed one... I really miss traveling places passports were needed...

Those mushrooms are ridiculous, I've seen pictures but never someone I knows pictures- I want some! Are they poisonous?

All your pictures look fake-awesome. Seriously it's like youre in a fairy tale world!

What projector did you get I was just looking at some the other days and would love to know what you purchased!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...