Monday, June 28, 2010

A pink dress

A dress for "the other Emilee". Made from Heather Ross Lightening Bug Wild Flowers fabric. Pattern is the smocked dress from the Heather Ross book Weekend Sewing. My Emily chose the fabric.
I didn't do a very good job on the lines. They are a little wonky and because I used a thread that was not a great match, you can see the lines getting wobbly.

My Emily wore the dress 1st then I took pictures of the other Emilee wearing it. This dress is so easy and fast. I started it while diner was cooking and finished after we ate. An hour or two at the most I think is all it took. It's very satisfying because it can be finished so fast.

Ava...

The *special* glasses.

Emily's new (used off eBay) bathing suit. Isn't it adorable??? It's a smocked top!! And it's all bathing suit material. I was thinking this would be somewhat easy to make. This one is from Ralph Lauren.






10 comments:

Unknown said...

The last one is so cute it hurts!

Corinnea said...

I agree with BCA! Made me melt. How can those girls keep getting cuter???

The dress for Emilee is darling, Emily has great taste and a great momma. I'd've never noticed the sewing lines if you hadn't said something. It is just that cute!

kms handmade said...

How cute!!! I love it on both girls! And that bathing suit is really cool! I've seen a lot of bathing suit patterns lately. You gonna get brave and try one? Those girls.... oh man. So adorable! Your photos are great!

Jocelyn said...

Love the pink dress! Great pics of the kids...Emily is starting to look so grown up!

mary a. said...

The dress is so cute. It would probably still take me an entire day.

I love all the pictures, but the one of just Ava is my favorite. She looks like she's starting to thin out =( She's turning into a little girl now, no more baby. Sniff Sniff!

Love the bathing suit!

Mary H. said...

cute top and bathing cuit. I've seen a lot of plaids this year.
They look so cute in the pics!

Anonymous said...

I really like the dress and the suit. I am home you can call me any time now. Jen

tasha said...

the dress is adorable! i didn't even notice anything wonky. :) i am afraid to try smocking, so i am really impressed!!

cute girls!

lizy said...

the dress is so cute, love the fabric. I could have this dress in every color. Simple & comfy to wear. The girls look adorable in their bathing suits.

Kara Forristall said...

dang your girls are cute! and the fabric is really darling on the dress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...