Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Doing Stuff..

It turns out I will be doing the felt leaf garland as a class for November and this one (Gingerbread Man) in December. The one above is my 2ND one (although not completed). The 1st was sort of a trial one and right after i hung it in the store someone broke it! But actually that's OK because it wasn't that great. This one is better but It's still missing something...and you can see the glue on this 1st ones buttons. I got better at gluing them on after that!

A peak at my costume..

And purse to go with it. I didn't make it. I really really wanted to make a purse that looked like a brown bottle that said "drink me" on it but I don't know how to do that!


Bad, blurry photos..

This is Jon's hat and below is the costume. I bought it. I had to.

I don't have enough time to make one and I had a hard time deciding on fabric's/pattern when I thought I did have time! So I found this one for cheap compared to a bunch of other sites that had it for $300+! I don't know why this site had it for so much less (under $80). I couldn't have made it for that: My time, searching for a top hat that resembled The Mad Hatters (making one was out of the question) finding the right fabrics, blah blah. I take costume making seriously, you know:).

5 comments:

Mary A. said...

I can't wait to see you guys in your costumes. You're going to look super cute with your matching bag. I can't believe they make costumes $300 and above. i could get me a really nice outfit to wear all year long for that price. However, considering how much time and energy you put into you costume last year; I could see that being $300.

mary a. said...

Oh yeah, the gingerbread men are really cute!

Mary H. said...

Love the gingerbread man garland :) And I know the costumes will be great! Where did you find John's at that it was so cheap? I had to do some real searching for Brandon's costume too b/c ppl wanted so much for it- and it's just fabric thrown together really-crazy!
Halloween can't get here fast enough...

Katelyn R. said...

Okay, so the gingerbread garland is my absolute favorite because it's just so flippin cute! and I can't wait to see your costume! don't tease us! and happy brithday tomorrow!

Jocelyn said...

Happy birthday, girlfriend!!! Much love to you. Speaking of love - I love the garlands you've made. Everything is so adorable. I love all the stuff you make, even if seeing it makes me feel incompetent because I don't have a knack for craftiness! I took this birdbath construction class - god....it turned out SO ugly, I wanted to throw it away when I was done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...