Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Secret Santa

From my secret Santa:) This is exactly what I wanted! I had asked Kelly to do this and she said maybe after the new year blah blah. But unbeknown to me, she had already drawn my name and made the plates! I really got the best gift of all my coworkers:) I feel sorry for them..
Mushrooms from Corinnea....just because she loves me:) vintage German mushroom ornaments.

So I have started Ava's stocking (the spotted elephant). What do you think?
I'm not so sure about it..
It's the fabric not the elephant itself. Jessica drew it for me :) I used wool felt with red wool felt polka dots (I used a punch to cut perfect circles). Click on it to see it better and then tell me what you think:)

Here's the Jack nutcracker I mentioned in another post.

And Jack as a snowman. He has a huge dent in his side from moving and Emily yanked his arm off the other night (that's why its so long). He has a top hat and an umbrella.

And just because I have to include a picture of one of the girls in every post. Ava has 3 teeth on the bottom and 4 on the top. I really can't believe she'll be 1 in a month....






10 comments:

pearlswirl said...

I LOVE the elephant stocking! Leave him how he is!

And Ava is so cute!! I might even venture into saying she is adorable!

Kara Forristall said...

nutcracker Jack makes me jealous! The elephant pattern is great, I love polka dots, but I think the combo looks a bit like he has chicken pox. "A pox? how delightful a pox" a little nbc for you there =) Ava IS a doll...

Jessica said...

I like the elephant though I do think he might like a mouth... even if it is just a hint of one. And rosey cheeks i think you could paint those on lightly, I am not actually sure how to do that but i have seen people do it before. Anyway it actually looks really good so you could just leave it too : ) is he going to have snow flakes behind him? oh and maybe oval eyes. And a few less red dots would cure the chicken pocks problem. But I dont know because my husband is staring at me (to bug me) and this is becoming a very long comment... I am now thinking about deleting this whole thing

Corinnea said...

I love all of your stuff!

The stockings will be so cute when you finish. Are your going to try Jess's suggestions?? You know she is now having anxiety attacks about the message.....

Jess you're hilarious. Matt quit staring, it's not nice.

Jennifer said...

the thing about the chicken pox...he's a spotted elephant so he's suposed to have spots! I can't take off any becasue I glued them on already and it would leave a red spot. I can redo the eyes I think. I think if you had the stocking by itself you'd think the elephant had a disease but it's part of the theme..also, there will be snowflakes on it, I just hadn't gotten there yet! The more I looks at it the more I like it. But I still want feed back! Oh Jess, I tried the mouth and it looked funny. But I'm really not good at that kind of thing even following the mouth you drew on the pattern. I'll try again (and cheeks too).

Jessica said...

I totally was having anxiety attacks I like it just like it is but you wanted suggestions... then I feel like I am being negative...
Matt was counting my eyelashes b/c I wasn't acknowlegeing him. I should of just poked him in the eye so he couldn't see... wahhaha...
BTW matt LOVES the Snowman guy (cant spell the A word right now it is too early!)

kms handmade said...

I like the spotted elephant. I didn't think of pox when I saw it. The Jack stuff is hilarious and wow! Ava is growing so fast!

kms handmade said...

Oh, and I'm really glad you like the plates! :)

Jennifer said...

Jess: I WANT feedback and it's not negative unless you're mean! Don't be anxious about your comments. I put my big girl panties on when I asked for them:) I wish you were here to put the mouth on!

Jessica said...

haha you make me laugh. I feel much better now... I guess I need to put on mine and not worry people wont like my comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...