Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Teacher Gift: Make your own banner

Have you seen these make your own banner kits? They are so cool! I thought they were only available in Australia so I started to make my own. Then I thought, these would make AWESOME teacher gifts! You can have them say ANYTHING and they can easily changed because it's held together with brads. SO I started planning and noticed this was going to add up price-wise. I looked some more on online and discovered...it's not so hard to buy online. Duh. I just never searched for another brand. I have bought but not received yet, this brand from amazon and will give this to Emily and Ava's teacher as an end-of-the-year gift. I will still make my own because I can make it in the colors I want and size I want. The "I like big books..." banner is only about 2" tall where-as the others are about 5" tall. 

Meow is the Time was made for my niece Bird. Above is my girls room but it doesn't live there anymore.

I gave the Stay Gold one to Jessica (my sister-in-law) because after I made it she reminded me her boyfriend has that tattooed on his knuckles! Duh! I loved loved loved The Outsiders book when I was younger and "Stay Gold, Pony Boy" is a very well known line from the book/movie.

The above one is for my friend Jenny B in Japan. She's a teacher over there and I thought this would be awesome in her classroom. She LOVES to read and of course can appreciate that this is a play on the song by Sir Mix-a-lot called I LIKE BIG BUTTS. Thank you whoever thought up the above saying (got that on pinterest).
*
Below I have made available to you the alphabet pre tabbed! I've never done this before so I have no idea how it will print out but if you have a Silhouette machine you can save these pictures below to your computer, then open in the Silhouette software and trace. If you don't have a cutting machine you should still be able to save to your computer, print, resize, trace, cutout and admire. let me know how it goes if you do use them.




I have included a blank bar below for spacing if you don't want to use a symbol in between words.
I do plan on making numbers and punctuation but I figured I had better post this now or it's never going to happen.

6 comments:

kms handmade said...

Totally awesome Jennifer!!!

Corinnea said...

So fun. Very well done!!!

Janel said...

This is going to come in *very* handy someday. Thank you for sharing.

Creaciones del Mar said...

muchas gracias por compartir. excelente material.

Anonymous said...

I love them! How can I dowload them? Thank you for sharing!!!

Kelsie O said...

Thank you so much for this! I used your images to make a printer-ready version of the tabbed letters. Check out my post to see what I made!

http://tinykelsie.com/2015/03/07/make-your-own-glitter-party-banner-diy-with-free-printables/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...