Above is the after, below is the before. Ugly huh? This is my bed and I leave these bed rails on..for me. Well one side is for me the other is for whoever is sleeping on the other side:) I wake up often and find a child in my bed and Jon in the other room. I got used to the railing after having Emily in my bed when she was born. She rolled off the bed more than once and hit the floor so since then I have used the railings. Now I have to have them because I have to sleep with 3 pillows on my side or I will be SUPER grouchy and these pillows will fall off during the night when I turn. Not with the railings! Pillows saved. Jennifer sane. All is good.
Ignore the red splotch from my throat spray. It's a pain to take off a dust ruffle...
Quilt is this Scrappy Quilt blogged here.
Snake nursing pillow is from this post.
I used a linen fabric for the bed rail.
again, ignore the red throat spray leak:)
This is what mine looks like when the adjustable rail is in the smaller position. It doesn't look good. That would be because I didn't make the new cover tight enough. I eyeballed the measurements too much.
I used Velcro on the end pieces so I can get it on and off to wash.
Before and after.
If you'd like to recover yours, I have made a little tutorial. You can find it up top, under my header. Click on the tutorial tab. I hope it works for you but just know I wasn't super accurate when making it.