Monday, January 23, 2012

Lucky Star

A little doll quilt made from the book Pretty in Patchwork Doll Quilts. When people started talking about this book on some of the blogs I read, I fell in love with this quilt which is on the cover of the book. I loved it so much that I made mine to look just like the one on the cover! Why change a good thing, right? I LOVE these colors together. Sooooo sweet (that was for you Mary A.)!
I made mine to be 17" square which is smaller than the one in the book. I also washed it afterwards.
*
Emily is about to lose a bottom tooth and one big chomper on the top.
Ava is still peeing herself all over my house. She IS potty trained. She just can't seem to make it to the potty a lot of the time. too busy you know. I keep thinking I can replace the living room rug and then she pees.
Jon is enjoying his last week of "time off after deployment" otherwise known as Block Leave.
I am reading the 2nd book in the Stephanie Plum Series titled Two for the Dough (I think).
I'm watching the Game of Thrones series and loving it.
I have stuff I made before I left for the States (so that means back in November/December) but just haven't gotten around to posting it. I think December sucked the life out of me.
We had our 1st snow (1st for me. the actual 1st snow was while I wasn't here so it doesn't count).
*
My 4 year blogiversary is just around the corner and so is my 500th post! Oh wait, I just looked and I already passed 500, 2 posts ago.

7 comments:

kms handmade said...

I like that you always keep up with your blogiversary. Congrats on 500 posts and still being interesting! :) Very cute quilt!

Unknown said...

It is SOOO cute! Congrats on the big 500. And how was the homecoming? How are you all doing??!

jules said...

Happy 500! I'm so glad you do this!!

Mary A. said...

Soooo sweet :) I love the way you photographed it! happy 502nd post! xoxo

pearlswirl said...

The mini-quilt is amazing! It's the best of both worlds with quilting AND instant gratification at the same time! :) It's so nice that you get to spend some time together before Jon goes back to work. Post all the other crafty things!! That's the only reason we pretend to be interested in your family :) :) :)

Corinnea said...

OH! You beat me to it! Now I'll just look like a copy cat. Since you're amazing I'm ok with that. Love your wonky star.

Happy almost blogiversary!

Jessica said...

Happy almost blogiversary- that is a LOT of crafting! love the mini quilt. Maybe mom will finally post the stuff she does faster-- not that any of us actually care who posts stuff first haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...