Saturday, December 3, 2011

Little Forest in Red



Remember this quilt? Well I have been itching to make it in another color and I finally did! The wall hanging version. I also washed it afterwards also it would get all crinkly and lovely. I don't usually like to apologize for the quality of my photos when they are bad but this is really bad. I have now broken ALL my camera lenses (so 3 lenses) except for the zoom. I can't use it unless I stand back 50 feet and my house is just not big enough to do that:) I bought another 50mm from my brother but that's being sent to the States so I'll have it when I get there but in the mean time, I have to use the point and shoot so everything is grainy and blurry. I took our Christmas card photos today and thank god the the photos don't need to be crisp and clear for what I'm doing because they are horrible!

This is a self portrait Ava did at school the other day.
She was really excited to show me and point out her boobies and her belly button. 
*
I would post more but I literally have to upload one photo at a time. That gets pretty old quickly. I will most likely save everything I've made lately for when I get to America because pictures load a thousand times faster there! A thousand times!



8 comments:

venus said...

How the heck did you break your lenses? Okay, the skull xmas tree makes the quilt for sure and the self portrait... cracks me up!

Mary A. said...

super cute quilt! I love the binding you chose. Nicolas would love the tree with bones on it =)

Love Ava's pic to. She cracks me up!

Jessica said...

I love it!
Kids drawings are so awesome it so funny before they get self conscience about things.

pearlswirl said...

Everything is super cute! especially ava's chin boobies. But what are you talking about, your pictures look fine! better than what i take with my point-and-shoot, so don't be hatin' on us poor-camera folk. ;)

if you'll be home for Christmas does this mean you definitely won't be visiting Stuttgart between 19 dec - 14 jan?? totally random dates, btw, they just happen to also be when i'll be there...

Corinnea said...

I really wanted to get a Christmas quilt done this year. It so did not happen...
Your's is gorgeous! I love looking at the different fabrics you chose.
Ava's picture is great. You know it is a proven fact that the more body parts kids add the smarter they are, therefore, Ava is genius!
And I agree with Jenny, don't go intimidating all of us by taking better photos with your point and shoot than we (I) take with our "big girl" cameras...

kms handmade said...

I really liked that first tree quilt, and this one is adorable too! Ava's picture is so cute!

Unknown said...

i love that quilt! and love the priceless self-portrait!!

kristin said...

oh i love that quilt! pattern and love your red version i saw your post on saturday and started cutting one right away, but have to abandon right now because it's too late into the christmas season. someday... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...