Sunday, October 23, 2011

Masks


My sister sent me a picture of her Halloween name plaque in front of her house. It looks so good!

*
Yesterday was the Girl Scout Masquerade Ball. The girls made their own masks. They got them from the arts and crafts center here (I still have not gone in as I'm told it has a small selection of ugly fabric and notions) and I think they were done with a die cut machine and suede mat board. Speaking of die cut machines....I have saved up gift certificates (thanks family:) for a Silhouette Die Cutter. Anyone know much about it? Heard anything bad about it? Good?  
Don't they look adorable? 
*
I turned 40 a week ago!
I went to Stuttgart and to the Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Patch for the big day ( I'll post pictures someday). How does it feel to be 40? The same as 39 and 38 and 37..except saying 40 makes me cringe. It really does sound (from a teenagers point of view) old. Of course now that I'm 40 it's not old to me at all.


7 comments:

kms handmade said...

1. You are the coolest 40 year old I will ever know. I have never been and will never be as cool as you!
2. Shame on you for not visiting their craft center based on rumors! Go check it out and THEN continue to have the girls MPS you your stuff from here.
3. The girls are so pretty! I bet they had tons of fun making their masks!

venus said...

Happy belated 40th!!! I'm right behind you...
As for the Silhouette, I've heard a lot of good reviews and I would get one if I could! The girls look absolutely smashing and the sign is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!

Corinnea said...

The girls look so lovely! It looks like they had a great time!

Love the way your sis used the sign.

You are the most awesomest 40 year old! Of course 40 doesn't sound at all old to me....

Oh good for you getting the Silhouette! I know nothing except every person that has one says they are wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do with one!

jules said...

The girls look as adorable as ever!

I LOVE the sign, and everyday when I pull up to my house, I'm so proud to have it there! The house looks cool at night because the two lights on either side of the garage door are orange (bright orange) and illuminate the Mayer sign and the Haunted House sign (you gave us) on the other side of the garage door, the light at the front porch is a black light, the lights around the front door are the skeleton lights you gave us, and in the bushes to the right of the front door are the bone lights, which you also gave us :)

Norma's Nonsense said...

Jennifer your girls are so daring. They have grown so much. I love their masks, they did a great job. Following in their mommy's footsteps with being crafty. Fun post!!

Oh, and 40 is young! Especially when you look 30!bac

Norma's Nonsense said...

don't know where that 'bac' came from. It must be the Halloween goblins taking over!!!!!

Jessica said...

love the masks those girls are so funny!
I really want a silhouette!!! Please buy one and tell me if it is worth it! I do know there are coupons out there everywhere for it so look for one of those if you didn't already know to :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...