On the left is the pattern I used for Emily's dress. On the right is the one I should have used but didn't discover it till just now. Boo. I had to alter the left one to look like the right one and I don't like making my own pattern pieces. Jenny's not good at it.
I used a black satin with flocked moons and stars from (I think) Joann fabrics from years and years ago. I lined it with a cheapy poly lining and then lined the sleeves with this really cool two sided silver and black fabric. I forgot to include a picture of the back but I did a faux lace up. Although Emily's hat is not really the best match for this gown, I had the worst time finding one. The one I ordered online was so terribly thin and cheap and then they had nothing at the PX. I found this at a German toy store. It had green iridescent feathers, green pom poms and thicker netting on it along with the tulle you see. I took all that off and just left the tulle and fabric flowers.
Ava's dress and hat are from a German clothing store (Takko. Yes, it sounds like taco.). During fasching last year they had costumes. Not bad for $20 euro.