Thursday, April 24, 2014

Social Climber Badminton Top

A Badminton Top from the Oliver + S pattern and fabric is by Anna Maria Horner called Social Climber with a little bit of linen blend from Joanns (the teal fabric). I used two layers for the flutter "sleeves" with the under one being slightly longer than the other and the edges left raw. 
At first I didn't like it. In fact I made this many many months ago. In Germany. Like last September maybe! I thought the colors were too harsh and just didn't care for it. Now I love it. It's the frayed shorts and Emily's hair up and the relaxed look of it. It just looks so cute on her!  

um..yes her shirt is not hemmed...and yes I think I'm going to leave it like that. 
Unless you say it looks horrible?!


Anonymous said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE this picture! It's my EEEMMMMOOOOOOEEEE! Jbean

Kelly's Korner said...

I love it Jen! I would wear that in grown up size! I really lie the raw sleeves but I bet the hem will drive you nuts. It will fray every time you wash it. But no biggie if you just cut it. Did you put a line of stitching around the bottom? It is super cute and I love your fabric choices!

Corinnea said...

It's so pretty! I love the frayed sleeves. I say hem it if it bugs you but otherwise let it go.

Lightning McStitch said...

I really, really like the double layer raw linen frills. That's how to turn a frill into an appealing feature! The colours are great and they do suit her very well. Now I wish it wasn't winter as I want to go make one of these straight away!

RyanSarahN said...

I kind of love how the raw edge looks on the bottom - I'd keep it if it were mine! Generally this pattern hasn't appealed to be in the past but I love your version of it, may have to give it a shot!

Katelyn R. said...

As you know I LOVE this fabric and I wish I had thought of the turquoise with it! This top turned out awesome! I would leave it frayed. Also I was wearing one of my handmade tops the other day and a lady asked if I made it. I asked if she recognized the fabric and she told me no and that it just looked handmade. I could then hear you in the back of my head telling me that she just gave me the biggest insult! I just don't have your skills.

kristin said...

oh it's so pretty and summery! i like the frayed bits too, though i bet the hem would drive me nuts after a while. ha.

bantal silikon-a said...
jual bantal jual bantal jual bantal jual bantal jual bantal jual bantal jual bantal jual bantal jual bantal

sangkar jual sangkar jual sangkar jual sangkar jual sangkar jual sangkar jual sangkar jual

cd anne jelita brenda anne caca tasya ruth
bantal web bantal bantal silikon pembicara hellow
bumbu bumbu bumbu bumbu bumbu distro distro

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...