Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Emily's Valentines


Emily's bookmark Valentines all made on the Silhouette Cameo. The mustache one is for her teacher. The Old monster tissue box is for the ones she'll get from her classmates. The tissue box came that way and I have been saving it for probably 6 months now just so she can out her valentines in it. We made add some teeth tonight if we have time. 
*
Emily loves to read just like her mama (and Jon used to read a lot early in our relationship. I feel like he tricked me with that one..). We got her How to Train your Dragon books and Harry Potter and she just wasn't getting excited about them and when I would ask about the books she could never answer me. SO for Christmas we got her the Ivy and Bean series. Holy cow she read 4 of them in just a couple of days and wouldn't stop talking about them and wanted to read funny parts to me! Then it dawned on me that I had been giving her NOT age appropriate books to read. Harry Potter had too many big words and was hard for her to understand and she wanted so bad to impress us with her reading that she was trying and trying to read them. Oops. I have learned my lesson. Now she gets age appropriate. Like Diary of a Wimpy kid. She LOVES that one. I don't really love when she wants to read the "funny" parts to me but i let her. I smile and say what I'm supposed to but they just aren't funny!
I have been battling a nasty cold/sore throat and at the same time Ava was out of school 2 days for  Fasching. Glad she was out of school because it meant I didn't have to take her to school or pick her up but not happy because I couldn't get any naps in. I tried but she kept talking to me! Go away and please leave me alone worked for about 5 minutes then she'd come back. Poor thing (me). So I had seen on Pinterest someone put snow in the bathtub. DUH. Pinterest is awesome but at times I feel retarded. Why didn't I think of this?  I have brought in their water table so they can play with water and boats during the winter but I never ever thought of snow. I still love you Pinterest but you make me feel stupid sometimes:)
*

4 comments:

Corinnea said...

The book marks are great! Useful and cute!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels kinda dumb while looking at pinterest..... The snow idea is awesome.

Sorry you're feeling bad. Being sick and having to take care of kids is cruel. Seriously.

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

OH you're not alone... I'm always saying that to myself when I'm on Pinterest. Cool book marks... the spider is my favorite.

Get better girlie!

kms handmade said...

Ethan loves the diary of a wimpy kid books! He hated reading until he started this series. Now he wants them all and it has to be the gphardback copies! He's so funny. It can't be e-book or paperback. It HAS to be hardback! Haha! I like the snow idea!

jules said...

YSFT!!!!! Holy cow, those valentines are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...