Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Stacker

A while ago I finished a bunch of random projects and a couple of them were baby themed started when Ava was a baby. This ring stacker from Heather Bailey was one of them started in Stuttgart at least 4 years ago. I had made the bottom 3 rings and loved them (the fabric not the Frankenstein sewing!) but they were kind of hard. Or tedious. I don't know, just not a fun project that's for sure. It involves hand sewing the middle gusset (see rings separately below) of each ring. It's very frustrating and I did not enjoy it at all.  It's a tight space in there.
But when I decided to take it up again I had a new attitude. I finished them quickly and easily. I love the colors even though Jon doesn't:)  You see my hand sewing stitches on each inner gusset unfortunately and it's really bad on the stripped one with ric rac. You can see pencil marks on that one and it's twisted!
The butt butt. 
And below is the pattern cover.

8 comments:

Corinnea said...

You finished! I wanted to make one but it just seemed so fussy and daunting when you started it. Your fabric choices are perfect (sorry Jon) and your hand stitching looks great!
hmmm it's still not too late to do one for Bella... Ha who am I trying to kid.

Jessica said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE the pAtterns and colors!

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

Ooooo... pretty! Although I'm not one for hand sewing... I stink!

Katelyn R. said...

I own this pattern but never tried to make it since you said it was so hard. I'm newly motivated now, but still probably won't make one. I love the colors and especially love that little fairytale strip.

kms handmade said...

I remember when you started it! I didn't realize you disliked it that much! :) I'm glad you finished. It looks great!

Jocelyn Clarin Richards said...

I don't care what you say....it's adorable!

Tina said...

I am glad you finished the ring stacker, and it turned out o cute. I do love the little wall quilt above, that is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I still love it! I love the patterns on the fabric as well. I hate hand sewing too. Sooo much! I will try any other option I can first!
Lisa Baker

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...