What do you get when you combine an old shirt of mine and old shirt of Jon's?
This adorable shirt for Emily!! I LOVE Baseball tees!
The Zombie shirt is an old Emily Strange tee I've had for about 11 years and is boxy and hideous on. Jon's shirt is one of those Unit shirts they hand out from his unit (we may have paid $5-10 for it...) Neither of them were getting worn, in fact Jon's tee was in the giveaway pile. The pattern for this shirt is Figgy's Tee for Two now discontinued I think but Oliver + S just came out with a pattern for one. The edges on this tee are supposed to be raw edge and messy. I love how it looks with the neck rolling up. I made the size 6/7, added 1 inch to the hem, used the hem from the original black shirt for the sleeves (see photo above) and cut the neck band down by 3/4" so it wasn't so chunky. I did not hem them bottom edge of the shirt and don't plan to. This pattern was so easy to follow and really easy to do. I have a stack of Emily Strange tees that were mine but now don't fit and I've been saving them for Emily so I may make more of these so she can wear them now...
Speaking of Zombies, who's seen The Walking Dead? We just finished both seasons and I'm obsessed! It may be because we watched both seasons in just a couple of nights so it's now all I can think about.
1. Would I survive a Zombie attack?
2. Standing next to my neighbor, I can't help but wonder would she "opt out" or fight on if we were attacked?
3. I look around my house constantly and think that we would have the best house if attacked. We have the German metal roll down shades that make your house fell like it's on lock-down and impenetrable to zombies.
4. We have a huge basement with 3 rooms with locking doors. Perfect! One even has a sink and they all have outlets.
5. We have fields in front of us: perfect for seeing them coming.
6. Our town home is 3 stories high and then an attic with drop-down stairs. The attic has a window.
1. we don't own guns
2. or a generator
3. We're in Germany and if we had to go in to town to get supplies, all the good stuff would be gone and we'd be left with weird German food I've never heard of and wouldn't eat even if zombies were attacking!