Monday, December 13, 2010

Sushi Ornaments

I made these felt sushi ornaments a while back but wanted them to get to their new owners house first before posting.

They are for my friend Jocelyn. I have fond memories of us eating at Rick Shaw Corner in Tierrasanta where we lived and went to high school. She would eat  20+ California rolls and I would eat bowl after bowl of plain white sticky rice with tons of soy sauce.

I made Emily and Ava a Totoro hair clip. They love this movie along with Ponyo. Uh oh, I see a free beanie pattern here. Too bad I don't crochet...


 A mushroom tree in the kitchen. The round boxes are from Ikea this year.

My "ode to Emily" shelf.

I was never satisfied with the way these were framed  before (don't they look better now?) so I ordered larger prints (20"x30" from kodak gallery) and had them re matted. In case you don't see a difference, the photos are larger thus making the mats smaller:) When inserting Ava's picture back in the frame I accidentally scraped a strip off the front of the picture in two spots. You can see one of them in the left hand corner of her picture. I almost cried. Now I have to reorder the picture again.
*
This morning, Ava woke up and came into the kitchen, pointed to some mini Reese's peanut butter cups my sister sent us (and i swear Julia, they accidentally broke open so I HAD to start eating them and couldn't wait till Christmas day) anyway, she pointed to them and said
"I want THOSE in my mouth".
"I WANT THOSE IN MY MOUTH MAMA!"
punctuated with weird eye-rolling.
I think I'll start talking like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She cracks me up! She is such a character. I am sure you love the yelling when she first wakes up. Such a lovely, musical sound so early in the morning. Lovely :) LY, Jen

kms handmade said...

I love looking at the sushi and donuts you left behind! Reminds me of you. :) The hair clip is cute! Ava is SO FUNNY!!!! I think I'll have to use that line too, but I'll leave out the weird eye rolling! ;)

Jessica said...

haha I love ava! I tell matt to insert food and then open my mouth and make ahhhh noises until he gets me something I want to eat.... its a lot cuter coming from her though I am sure!
love love love your mushroom tree and the sushi are so funny!
I really like the photos I am digging the candid quality- so much better than posed photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...