Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Crochet Lovelies

My lovely Auntie Karen in Oklahoma commissioned her niece Tina to make me (and the girls) these crocheted lovelies. Does she know me or what??

The kitties look just like Piggy and Frank!

And pirate pandas! They have removable eye patches and hats-so detailed. This makes me want to crochet sooooo bad. I want to make cute things like this. Thank you so much Aunt Karen and Tina! I am so impressed at how well they are made! I wish I could take lessons from you, Tina:)The girls love them too and are right now playing with them:)

This is the quilt I'm currently working on. It's just like Ava's quilt but not:) Which by the way, is almost done. I'm waiting for a piece of fabric that I ordered to finish one border and then I'll quilt it. That's right, I said I'LL QUILT IT!!! I'm going to take our long arm class some time in January. I'm so excited! I'll be able to quilt my own quilts and save a ton of money! The fabric line (above) is called Girl Friday by Cosmo Cricket. I'm throwing in some other fabrics that coordinate.

Corinnea, Ava & Kelly. Ava looks like a chocolate gnome.

My girls:) Doesn't Emily look so grown up? And Ava and that bottle...don't be surprised if she shows up on this blog with rotten teeth from sucking on that bottle all day. She rarely gets juice, (it's milk she loves) and when she does drink juice it's that V-8 fusions stuff. It's her Binky.


I just got all the oranges to make this quilt below. I emailed Jennifer at bettycrockerass for the measurements. I LOOOVE this quilt!! It's called a Band Aid quilt. See how it looks like a band aid??


And I ADORE this wool felt stocking from madebyrae.com I have to do this!

The log and it's family is another toy I had as a child. I somehow stumbled upon it on eBay and almost peed my pants! I had completely forgotten about it. SO I won the auction and it's on it's way..for one of the girls. Probably Ava's birthday in January.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

I will be back to post pictures from the big day.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

We had the same log book at my grandma's and it was one of my favorite toys growing up!!! How cool you found another one. I think my cousins still have the one from my grandma's. I love nostalgic stuff like that. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Corinnea said...

A post of fantasticness, that's what this was!!! Wow, loved everything! Have a great xmas!

kms handmade said...

Such cool stuff!!! Love the crochet toys! You are very loved! :) Everything else is cool too! I love the quilts!

Jocelyn said...

Wow - Emily doesn't look like a little girl any more....! It's like you can see how she will look as a young woman. Crazy.

Kara Forristall said...

I totally had the same log house toy, but I think I only really used the house with my other little dolls... I LOVE the crochet dolls, esp the Jack doll, I got a pattern book to make some, yay!

Mary H. said...

Love the crochets, pictures and quilt. that rainbow stocking is so cute along with the log-home w/ family. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...