Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tee for two #2


Another Tee for Two refashion using an old Nightmare Before Christmas tee shirt of mine and an old Gap striped tee. Pattern is Figgy's Tee for Two. I made it in a size 8 this time and while it's a little big, she can at least grow in to it. This time I made it so the seams are inside instead of exposed and took the neck band off the red tee and laid it right on top of the neck opening, sewing it on the existing stitches. It's a little messy; my machine ate the fabric here and there. She LOVES it. Way more so than the Zombie one. I love it and want if for myself!! Oh, and the sleeve band being wrong side out was a mistake! I sewed the arms on then realized they were wrong but taking out stitches from knits is not an easy process and tends to make holes. I think it looks like it's supposed to be like that, right?

  I'm always surprised by her beauty. I will look over at her and think oh my, she's stunning! And so pure at heart. Not a mean thought in this girls body.  
The girls at a Halloween party wearing last years costumes. Emily lost another tooth this night.
*
What else happens Halloween night?? Our anniversary!! Married 11 years now (or together 20 if you count the 9 years we dated). I have no new photos of us to post but you can see our Halloween wedding photos here and here

6 comments:

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

EeeeK! Aaaack! Gahhh! That tee is the coolest!!!! My eldest, Sophia is going to freak when she sees this. NIghtmare Before Christmas is her absolute fave movie.

Happy Anniversary! :)

kms handmade said...

I saw the tee on Instagram first and then when we were watching the movie the other day I thought hey, is that the character on her shirt? Why yes it is! :) very cute! I think the sleeve works that way. And yes, yu made beautiful babies who keep getting prettier! Happy anniversary!

Corinnea said...

The shirt is great!! Emily is gorgeous and it's nice to know she is still such a sweetheart!
Happy anniversary!

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

Okay... it's official... Sophia is freakin' out. Now she's asking me to make one just like it. Uh... yah... right.

Thanks a lot Jen! ;)

Jennifer said...

Venus, I'm soooo happy Sophia loves the shirt!!!!

Jessica said...

very neat. I think it looks like it was supposed to be that way.
Your girls are gorgeous like their mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...