Sunday, December 16, 2012

Monsterz Mini

A mini quilt made with a left over block from the twin sized quilt I made ages ago but have never shown. I did the quilting! ALL. BY. MYSELF!! I free motioned quilted this and a large quilt. How many different ways can I say it? It's a huge thing to free motion quilt something yourself! I'm so super proud of myself. Pat pat pat (on my back). 
*
See the Zombie on the left? That's an Emily and Mommy collaboration. The "Dude" on the right is something from Emily's brain:)
Quilt Pattern is "Spools" by Thimble Blossoms. The fabric line is Monsterz by Cloud9fabrics. AND, I spray basted this and the twin size. I had brought the spray baste stuff back with me from the states last December.  LOVE that stuff and will never use pins again. I don't remember the brand I have but it's from Joann's.
*
A project below in the works. I pinned a million pom pom projects on pinterest trying to find color combos I liked. I'm using pom pom makers I got from Joann's back when we went home on the 1st emergency leave for Jon's mom. I bought all the sizes they had. I love these things. I had made about 20 red ones while sitting in the hospital room. 


**
Below are 3 instagram photos. Sorry that I post these on facebook 1st and then you see them again here:) 
1. Emily did this in art class with the help of one of those how-to-draw books. 

2. My silly girls love my phone.

3. And yesterday we finally went to the Nuremberg Christmas market. It was wayyy to crowded to have kids there. It was so beautiful though and I can finally say we went. It's something Jon wanted to do very badly. He really wants to see the Dresden one but now that we saw this one and how crowded it was....We'll see. 

3 comments:

kms handmade said...

Cute stuff! I don't mind seeing your pics other places first. That's like the teaser and then you get full stories here! Instagram is basically my only form of communicating right now...

Corinnea said...

Cute block!

I've tried to practice some free motion quilting but mine is so bad, guess I need to practice more....

I love seeing your pictures in different places!

Jessica said...

Love the wreath! I'm resisting the urge right now to join ...only because I have no stash of yarn and don't want to go purchase a bunch!
Monsters are awesome.
I don't mind seeing double pictures- it's better than no pictures!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...