Monday, April 1, 2013

Bed Rail Redo




Above is the after, below is the before. Ugly huh? This is my bed and I leave these bed rails on..for me. Well one side is for me the other is for whoever is sleeping on the other side:) I wake up often and find a child in my bed and Jon in the other room. I got used to the railing after having Emily in my bed when she was born. She rolled off the bed more than once and hit the floor so since then I have used the railings. Now I have to have them because I have to sleep with 3 pillows on my side or I will be SUPER grouchy and these pillows will fall off during the night when I turn. Not with the railings! Pillows saved. Jennifer sane. All is good. 
Ignore the red splotch from my throat spray. It's a pain to take off a dust ruffle...
I used a linen fabric for the bed rail.


again, ignore the red throat spray leak:)
This is what mine looks like when the adjustable rail is in the smaller position. It doesn't look good. That would be because I didn't make the new cover tight enough. I eyeballed the measurements too much. 
I used Velcro on the end pieces so I can get it on and off to wash.
Before and after. 
If you'd like to recover yours, I have made a little tutorial. You can find it up top, under my header. Click on the tutorial tab. I hope it works for you but just know I wasn't super accurate when making it.

4 comments:

kms handmade said...

Cool idea! I only use two pillows but I find one on the floor sometimes.. :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

I think you did a wonderful job!!! And yes, a sane Mommy is a happy Mommy! Enjoy!

Corinnea said...

Nice redo! Anything that helps one sleep well is great!

Jessica said...

I'm glad it's just to keep your pillows from falling out. I was worried you were going to say you had started falling out of bed. Which made me laugh... (I laugh when people hurt themselves its terrible)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...